How to fix QuickBooks error 15106?
sophiajohnson87 last edited by
QuickBooks is a popular accounting software used for managing invoices, bills, cash flow and lots more. It ensures taking care of the business expenses and everything so you can take care of other important aspects of your business. No need to worry anymore about your dream venture going haywire.
Let us help you fix “Error 15106: The update program cannot be opened” or “Error 15106: The update program is damaged” when updating QuickBooks Desktop.
You receive this error while updating QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release because of one of the following:
• You have an antivirus application installed in your computer that's blocking the update.
• You aren’t logged in as the administrator in the computer.
Follow the steps below so you can continue updating QuickBooks Desktop without any issues.
Read more: - Solve QuickBooks Unexpected internal error 31600 | How to Set Up a Loan in QuickBooks Online
bruce.banner0097 last edited by
QB users can follow the below-mentioned methods to resolve error 15106-
- In case the user has not logged in as an administrator, the first thing required is that the user should log in as an Administrator. This may help in resolving * QuickBooks update error 15106. In case the issue persists, check out the second fixing method.
- Many times the Spy Sweeper creates the trouble. Users can check out its presence in their systems. For that, the user has to open the Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc. After that, the user has to click on the processes tab and look for Spy Sweeper.exe. User can do one of the below things-
- If it is in the processing tab, the user should delete or uninstall it by opening Add/Remove programs in the Windows. This can help in resolving Error 15106.
- Suppose the user does not find the Spy Sweeper in the computer system, In this case, the user has to open drive C and navigate C:\ Program Files\ Common Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooksxx\ components. Then the user is required to reset QuickBooks update after renaming download<nn> to downloadqb<nn> old. This can help to resolve QB error code 15106.
- In case the above problems fail to resolve error code 15106. In this case, the user has to turn off the User Account Control temporarily depending upon the Windows used by the user.
- If QuickBooks error code 15106 issue still persists in Selective Startup, the user should perform QuickBooks clean install