Why?

• My device is almost a year old from when I bought it - have another month. Flickering didn't start right away. But about half way into my first year.

I use my device daily for work. It seems to just randomly trigger these days, but I think when it first started it had to do with the device getting warm. But can't say for sure. At this point, it does it as soon as turn the device on or shortly thereafter.

I updated device drivers today (3/29/2018) and it actually made the problem worse, not better. At least before updating I could control it (mostly) by just wiggling my mouse around. That doesn't seem to make it stop now. I'm hoping it will settle down - but I don't know.

I have to share my screen all the time for work so it's incredibly frustrating to have it jumping around when you're trying to demonstrate something.

I'm using a Surface Pro 4, i7, 2.20 GHz, 64-bit OS (Windows 10) with 16 GB ram. I'm not doing what I would consider process intensive work. I do database management, some coding, but nothing graphically challenging.

• If you are still with in your one year manufacture warranty take it to a Microsoft Store, and see about getting it exchanged asap.

In the end the experience with my device is that it's based around a thermal problem.
    Spending a few hours in the freezer has fixed my issue so far.

• Global Moderator

@yahr said in Why?:

If you are still with in your one year manufacture warranty take it to a Microsoft Store, and see about getting it exchanged asap.

In the end the experience with my device is that it's based around a thermal problem.
    Spending a few hours in the freezer has fixed my issue so far.

cannot stress this enough. If you still have warranty PLEASE use it ASAP and get the device replaced.

It is a hardware issue, no software fix will remedy it. You need to get the device replaced.

Looks like your connection to Flickergate Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.