Got a refurbished SP4 replacement - it's defective

• Nothing new to add really just wanted to share my experience.

My SP4 (bought in mid-2017) started to display screen scramble last week. Thankfully it was within the 3 year limit, so I got a replacement (a refurbed SP4)

I powered it up to find three white-ish streaks in the upper right corner, sort of like if you pressed into an old school screen and it goes white, except it's there permanently. You can't see it on a white background, but on anything else it's there, and very prominent on a black background

So I immediately asked for another replacement.

And it's been not even two hours and the replacement is exhibiting a shaking display, every few minutes. This is WORSE than my OG device!

I'm going to push for an SP5 replacement. I thought this would have been solved but apparently not.

To be fair to them: ordering a replacement has been mostly pretty easy and even amid this virus stuff the whole replacement occurred super quickly. But to get a worse device in return is.. pretty lame.

• @scramble2020 How quick was the replacement process from the day you made the call to MS to the day you received the replacement? I'm about to start the replacement process and just wondering what the timeline looked like so I can plan it out. Thanks!

• The first time maybe 7 days. second time was maybe 12 days or so. I'm in Australia though

• Hi scramble, I'm in Aus too. How did you contact them? thanks

I've been using mine so much due to covid that it's flared up and really bad now, but I can't go in to a store, due to covid. I'm past 4 yrs so I get to pay $953 for a service via the website.

I may be SOOL and will be trying the DIY screen and battery replacement.

• MEU SP4 TEM MAIS DE 3 ANOS E CONCORDO QUE A MICROSOT DEVA TROCAR POR IGUAL OU MELHOR PARA OS MAIS DE 2000 CLIENTES COM O MESMO PROBLEMA NO MUNDO TODO.

TENHO UM MAC PRO A 10 ANOS E NUNCA APRESENTOU FALHA....

Looks like your connection to Flickergate Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.