Sadly joined the club

• Mine started since middle of last year just after my warranty expired.

The flickering first started when I was using it longer than usual, almost 12 hours continuously. Then I shut it off. The next day, I used it again and this time it appeared within 2 to 3 hours. Then the flicker will always start to appear after 2 to 3 hours and maybe longer if I use it in a super cool place. I read through the MS forum and decided not to contact the Customer Service. I live outside US so it is quite difficult to go for exchange if not refund. I tried disable Hyper V thing, Flu.x software, the task manager, the ticking clock and it only delay the appearance of the flickering. Updating software to the latest version is not a solution. I don't fresh install as I read it is not going to help either.

I am super disappointed with MS. Regret ever since as SP4 did not come cheap. I was eyeing for Surface Book 2 but this experience thought me not to trust MS product as yet. I need a replacement for my SP4 so maybe I am going for Dell XPS 13. I really hope MS will take responsibility on this issue (it might not happen though).

My spec: 128Gb, i5, 4Gb RAM

Link to my evidence
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mpi_rJqgPSABJvvhFy4r2Mu0L6P9q_AQ

• @mayor21 in my opinion Microsoft have produced a device that is not fit for purpose. My son has the same screen flickering issues. He has also has many other problems with his surface pro as has a friend who purchased one.

Further my other son had one that was developing issues also but he was fortunate to have his stolen and we have now replaced with a good brand!

So in short Microsoft should in order to protect their reputation and brand be making a total recall of these notebooks but I have doubt they will given no action has been taken to date in that regard

I note there are varying suggestions as to how to remedy the numerous problems but the best option is likely be to dispose of your Surface Pro to your local dump!

Looks like your connection to Flickergate Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.