Unhappy joining the club...

• My Surface Pro 4 screen started shaking on Wednesday, 21st March 2018. Over the past two days, the issue has developed from a slight 'blur' to a visible shaking of the screen, and it usually starts within 5 seconds of my inactivity - i.e. after I stop moving the mouse or typing.
    On a rare occasion, the screen works just fine. For instance, Task Manager's pop-up window seems to 'prevent' the screen shaking, and I think I remember other pop-up windows having the same beneficial effect -- which is strange for a 'hardware issue', isn't it?

Having read several user reports on their failed attempts to rectify the issue, I decided not to go into trouble of reinstalling Windows or Intel display driver. All I'm hearing is 'hardware issue', so why bother playing with software?

My Surface Pro 4 with Intel Core i5-6300U and 8GB RAM is running Windows 10 64-bit.

On an average day, I probably use my Surface for 3-4 hours. I keep it on 'Best Performance' setting when plugged in, and on 'Recommended' setting (like 33%, or second 'notch' from the left) when on battery power.

Gutted...

• Aloha, I have had my Surface Pro 4 since its release, I also have a Surface Pro 3 that I have passed to my daughter. in the last month or so (just as my Best Buy warranty has ran out) My screen starts flickering just watching VLC, playing Mind craft or C&C Generals. BTW these are the same pogroms since day one. So what the deal MS, what happened? I keep my device upto date. was it a PATCH? OR WHAT? AI CANT USE MY DEVICE MORE THAT 30 MIN BEFORE THE FLICKER.

• UPDATE #2: I haven't noticed screen shaking for the past 48 hours.

• Add me to the club, for a total of five separate units in the last couple months. I bought one for myself, and one for each of my five key employees, and within the last 4-6 weeks all of them have developed the same flicker, causing our units to be unusable. I have done every step recommended including clean install, to no avail. It's a shame, really liked the devices until this occurred. Hopefully some type of resolution will be found

• Global Moderator

@dukesdad When were they purchased, do you have any warranty remaining on the devices?

• UPDATE #3: Screen shaking is back. Since my SP4 is out of warranty, Microsoft Singapore are offering an 'exchange to a similar device' for approximately 490 USD. At this point, I have no idea what the 'similar device' would potentially be, though I expect it to be a refurbished SP4 (which I am going to decline).

Looks like your connection to Flickergate Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.